Friday, January 20, 2012

Crafty Nesting!

DIY Closet Dividers

In an effort to help Finn and I keep our baby's closet organized and to save us some middle of the night where is the right sized onesie!?!! agony I found this fun idea to create closet dividers to separate different sized clothes. If nothing else, it is cute and a pretty fun craft to do!


Supplies: Wooden O's, Fun Printed Paper, Paint, Paintbrush, Modge Podge, Number and Letter Stickers, Scissors and/or Exacto Knife

Step 1: Purchase supplies; I found all the supplies I needed at Hobby Lobby and I spent less than $10 on everything for this project!

These are the O's I bought and I went with a variety of different polka dots for the paper! Polka dots were visually appealing and are about as gender neutral in color and style as you can find in a scrapbook section!




Step 2: Paint Wooden O's; I chose to use a teal color that accented the paper choices I purchased. This step isn't totally necessary, but helps give the dividers a "clean" look rather than having any unfinished wood showing at the end.


Step 3: Glue the scrapbook paper to the Wooden O's and cut around the outside. I chose to glue the Wooden O's to the paper and then cut around the O's as opposed to tracing and cutting the out the paper separately (it seemed to give me a cleaner look to the cuts). 



Step 4: Cut out the center of the O's. This step was challenging, in that the paper sometimes ripped while attempting to cut it. A trick that worked for me was to use the scissors to cut a number of small slits and then go around the inside of the O with an exacto knife (see image to the right.)



Step 5: Add stickers to the O's to indicate which size garments should go where. This step, while it makes the final product look cute, is potentially unnecessary, especially if you choose different papers/designs for each of the O's. This may be all the reminder you and/or your spouse need to know where the clothes go!

 



Step 6: Hang onto closet rod and add clothes!


No comments:

Post a Comment